Are you an experienced paddler and ready to explore the creeks of the Folly River by yourself? Maybe even make a day out of it and venture over to Morris Island, Kiawah Island or all of the many islands in between? You can rent one of our kayaks or paddle boards and launch them straight from our personal ramp.
You can also take our boats on the road and go down to Folly Beach, James Island county park, or wherever your adventure takes you! By offering hourly to weekly rentals we hope to cover all of your bases. If you are renting a beach house on Folly or staying within 5 miles of our location, we will deliver your weekly kayak or paddleboard rental to you for free!
A paddling lesson and safety briefing are included with every rental, so that all paddlers are informed on basic paddling techniques, safety rules, and conditions to be mindful of while out on the water. All rentals also come with paddles, coast guard certified PFD’s (lifejackets), a waterproof map of the area, and a dry bag for your personal items.
Inflatable SUP Rentals
1-7 Day Rental Only
1st Day Rate: $50, $25 for each additional day, up to 7 days
- Please wear closed toe, water resistant, shoes if possible. Oysters are everywhere in our local waterways.
- Synthetic or fast drying clothes are preferable since you will most likely be getting wet. Jeans and cotton shirts are not our friends here at Castaway.
- Please bring sunscreen, bug repellent (mosquitos and gnats are Charleston locals too), sun glasses, a snack or lunch if on a long adventure, drinking water, and a water resistant camera if you want to risk it**
Our Rentals Include:
- Coast Guard approved PFD’s (lifejackets)
- a detailed map of the local waterways
- a waterproof bag that can be strapped onto your boat or board for personal belongings
- all necessary information about the weather and tides.
**water shoes, sunscreen, bug repellent, waterproof cameras, and cold drinks can all be purchased in our Castaway office
- If you cancel a guided excursion over 24 hours in advance, you will receive a complete refund.
- If you cancel a guided excursion within 24 hours of departure, you will be charged a 40% cancellation fee or a 15% reschedule fee.
- For large groups (8+ people), corporate groups, and school groups we have a 48 hour cancellation policy. If cancelled after 48 hours you will be subject to a 40% cancellation fee or a 15% rescheduling fee.
- If we have to cancel a tour because of inclement weather we will either offer you the chance to reschedule or give you a full refund.