Are you an experienced paddler and ready to explore the Folly Creek by yourself? You can rent one of our kayaks or paddle boards and launch them straight from our personal ramp for 2 or 3 hours.
You can also take our kayaks/SUPs on the road and go down to Folly Beach, James Island county park, or wherever your adventure takes you as long as you have the appropriate vehicle to carry them!
But what if you don’t have an appropriate vehicle? Don’t worry!
WE DELIVER to Folly Beach and James Island FOR FREE so that you don’t have to worry about it!
NOTE: Weight capacities vary per type of kayak
- Please wear closed toe, water resistant, shoes if possible. Oysters are everywhere in our local waterways.
- Synthetic or fast drying clothes are preferable since you will most likely be getting wet. Jeans and cotton shirts are not our friends here at Castaway.
- Please bring sunscreen, bug repellent (mosquitos and gnats are Charleston locals too), sun glasses, a snack or lunch if on a long adventure, drinking water, and a water resistant camera if you want to risk it**
- On weekends during the summer there is traffic going out to the beach so make sure to plan accordingly
- In the low country winds tend to pick up in the mid afternoon, therefore mornings are usually better as well as sunset time – this also applies for mid summer when it is very hot – get out early and beat the heat!
- Larger groups please carpool if possible
Our Rentals Include:
- Coast Guard approved PFD’s (lifejackets)
- a detailed map of the local waterways
- a waterproof bag that can be strapped onto your boat or board for personal belongings
- all necessary information about the weather and tides
- A paddling lesson and safety briefing are included with every rental, so that all paddlers are informed on basic paddling techniques, safety rules, and conditions to be mindful of while out on the water
**water shoes, sunscreen, bug repellent, waterproof cameras, and cold drinks can all be purchased in our Castaway office
If you cancel a rental over 24 hours in advance you will receive a full refund.
If you cancel a rental within 24 hours you will be charged a 40% cancellation fee.